Apple has just released iOS 5.1 (build number 9B176).
iOS 5.1 is available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPod Touch 3rd generation, the original iPad and iPad 2.
According to release notes iOS 5.1 includes the following the bug fixes and improvements:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Note that you can update your device running on iOS 5.0 Over-The-Air (OTA). You will need to be on a wifi connection to do this. Simply go to Settings>General>Software Update.
If you are unable to do this, here are the direct download links for iOS 5.1:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S (9B179)
- iPad 2 (also iPad 2 AT&T and iPad 2 Verizon)
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen
As usually, Apple has once again let us all wanting for more.