Ever wanted to quickly send or save a friend’s contact, send a picture or browse the internet and the hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone. Well this is one major problem which RIM is yet to find a lasting solution to. Our goal is to provide you with a temporary solution to this annoying problem.
First Option: Running Memory Cleaner
To do this, simply go to Options>Security>Advance Security Settings>Memory Cleaning>Enable(ensure to check the box)>Reduce the Idle Timeout to at least 5mins>Click on Clean (note you can also place this on your home screen)>Once the process has been completed, simply save.
This will not give you so much space but it will definitely free up some space on your smartphone.
Second Option: Hard reset or Battery Pull
The Hard Reset method of resetting a BlackBerry smartphone applies to every BlackBerry smartphone. To perform this task, complete the following steps.
- Remove the battery cover from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone
- Remove the battery, and then reinsert it after a few seconds
- Replace the battery cover.
- Wait for your smartphone to come back on.
Third Option: Performing a Soft Reset
Please note that if you are using a BlackBerry smartphone that does not contain a QWERTY keyboard such as the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 smartphone, you can only perform a hard reset as a soft reset isn’t possible.
A soft reset is a three-key combination that resets the BlackBerry smartphone without removing the battery. As mentioned previously, it is only available on BlackBerry smartphone models with a QWERTY keyboard, such as the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone or BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone.
To perform a soft reset, complete the following steps.
- Press and hold the Alt key (1)
- While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shift key (2)
- With both of those buttons still pressed, press the Backspace/Delete key (3)
- When the screen turns off to indicate that the BlackBerry smartphone is restarting, you can then release the keys you have been holding.
Also, it is important for you to reduce the number of apps you install on your Blackberry smartphone if your device happens to fall under those that have small RAM or your apps are always been installed on your RAM.