This is for those who plan to use/ test the functionality of the 3.75G from Airtel Nigeria. According to Airtel, you can browse and download from a selection of a million songs at affordable rates. Send and receive emails, play games, set caller tunes, download ringtones, videos and images. Access info services, lifestyle tips and lots more. Airtel nicknamed it the Airtel live! which has more content than you’ll find anywhere else. It’s quite simply the best. Well you be the JUDGE of that!
Now follow the steps and check out the screenshots:
1) Go to “Settings” from your iPad Home Screen
2) Go to “Cellular Data” on the “Settings” pan on the left (as shown in the screenshot below)
3) Keep the “Cellular Data” On(tap on it to toggle On/Off depending on the status)
4) Now go to APN settings (step 3 in the screenshot above)
5) Put “internet.ng.airtel.com” in the APN (as shown below)
6) Leave the Username and Password field blank
7) Now you are ready, simply go to Safari and check out any website.
Finally, it’s working great.
Please note that reloading your subscription on Airtel can be done online or manually by removing your sim and inserting into a phone (preferably a Nokia phone) and sending any of the short codes below.
Airtel Nigeria Mobile / Handheld / smartphones / iPad Data bundles
Plan. Data Validity Price Activation Code
- Daily 10MB 24 hours N100 *141*11*1#
- Weekly 25MB 7 days N400 *141*11*2#
- Easy 80MB 14 days N500 *141*11*3#
- Lite 200MB 30 days N1000 *141*11*4#
- Midi 250MB 30 days N1300 *141*11*5#
- Surf 500MB 30 days N2000 *141*11*6#
- Smart 1000MB 30 days N3000 *141*11*7#
To check your data usage, you would have to remove your sim (airtel’s selfcare online portal is not functioning at this moment) and insert into a mobile phone (preferably a Nokia). Dial *141*11*0# and you will get to see your remaining data.