Got a request from one of our clients who wanted to transfer his contact from his blackberry 9900 to his new Samsung Galaxy SIII. He found out all his contact where not wirelessly synced to his email. We have decided to share with you a simple way to get around this.
- Connect your Phone to your PC and click on the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
- Backup your Phone and disconnect from the Desktop Manager
- Go to CONTACTS>>>OPTIONS>>>UNCHECK ALL EMAILS (Do same for calendars if you want to have a backed up copy.
- Go to OPTIONS>>>ADVANCE SYSTEM SETTINGS>>>DEFAULT SERVICES>>>CONTACT LIST (SYNC). Select your preferred email address you want to use as your DEFAULT email.
- Exit to the home screen>>>Go to CONTACTS>>>OPTIONS>>>CONTACT DISPLAY AND ACTIONS>>>Select ” ALLOW DUPLICATE NAMES”. Press the exit button and save.
- Now head to BLACKBERRY APP WORLD>>>Search and download “ADVANCE OS AND LED” (This app allows you to do a lot but we would just use to get the your contacts for now).
- Once download is complete>>>Open the App>>>you will see “APPLICATION INTEGRATION” at the top>>>SELECT IT.
- Scroll down to “CONTACT MANAGER”>>> SELECT IT
- Scroll down to LISTS>>>SELECT SHOW (Now you should see “VIEW & MOVE & DELETE”)
- Now click on “RE-ANALYZE”
- After re-analyzing, scroll down to where you would see “SELECT CONTACT LIST” and select your desired email address you want to merge with the default.
- Now select “MOVE TO DEFAULT LIST”
- Select the “RUN COMMAND”>>>Your contacts would be merged with the desired email address you chose
You can also export the contacts as a .CSV file from there to and save on the SD Card and also send to your email.
After going through these steps, you can go back to the Desktop Manager to sync/back up your phone.