HTC Sensation XL was released late 2011 with some praises and criticisms. Ice Cream Sandwich was pre-loaded on them and HTC seems to forget about them in terms of updates. Well that’s a thing of the past because Rootbox has made available a custom firmware update for Jelly Bean version 4.2.2 for HTC Sensation XL.
Below are the steps that you need to take to have Jelly Bean running on your XL.
Warning: Ensure you know what you about to do before embarking on it as Complabng will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Rooting your Phone:
Step 1: You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. Click here to unlock bootloader. Please note that this will void your warranty. You are on your own from this stage.
Step 2: Download the following files:
- Click on the link to download TPSparkyRoot. Once the download is complete, simply extract the file.
- After extracting the file, connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- go to Menu on your Phone>>>Settings>>>Developer>>>Enable USB Debugging (this means….)
- Now go back to the folder where the extracted file is located and locate TPSparkyRoot.bat.
- Click on it to run the file
- Following the instructions to the letter. Your phone will reboot three times after which your phone will be rooted.
To confirm if the phone is rooted, simply download Root Checker Basic from the Google Play store. Once download is completed, click on “VERIFY ROOT ACCESS”. You should receive this message “ Congratulations! This device has root access!”