One of the Samsung Galaxy S4 in our office just started restarting itself last week after installing Facebook (mind you the Facebook app has nothing to do with the phone restarting) and the battery life drops from whatever percentage it is to 0%.
Steps taken to fix the Issue
- Uninstalling third-party apps
- Removing the battery and re-inserting it
- Removing the SD card and starting the phone without it
- Resetting to factory settings
- Performing a hard reset by wiping cache and formatting the phone
All the above steps didn’t fix or stop the phone from restarting itself. So we carried out a research online and we found out that it was a known issue to Samsung which has led to the offering of a replacement battery.
What do you need to do if you have a bloated S4 battery?
- Visit any SERVICE CENTER (click on the link to get the address of a service centre close to your location) or send a mail to the Samsung Smart Center in your region. This would speed up the replacement process.
- Take the defective battery and proof of purchase with you
- Collect your shining new battery.